Obesity is a disease in which excess body fat gets accumulated to a degree at which it can cause negative impacts on the health. Obesity can give rise to various problems such as type II diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, several types of cancers, high blood pressure, high cholesterol etc. Read ahead for obesity prevention, obesity medication, exercises for obesity, obese weight chart.
Obesity Prevention: The best dietician in India says that, obesity prevention is very important especially if it runs in the family. For obesity prevention, you should:
- Exercise regularly
- Follow a healthy diet plan
- Try to reduce stress as much as possible
- Get at least 6 to 8 hours of undisturbed sleep every night
- Limit unhealthy food intake
- Check your weight regularly
- Reduce ‘screen’ time
Obesity prevention is surely possible if the above steps are followed.
Obesity Medication: The best dietician in India says that obesity medication can be taken to reduce or control obesity. The various obesity medications are:
However, obesity medication should only be taken if prescribed by a doctor/ nutritionist and after having discussed your problem with him/ her.
Exercises for obesity: The best dietician in India says that exercises for obesity can be very good and bring out positive changes in fighting obesity such as:
Weight loss and burning calories, increasing your metabolic rate, reducing your levels of stress, improving circulation, helping you to sleep better, reducing depression etc.
The various exercises for obesity that can be performed are:
- Walking- Walk as much as you can, and every day.
- Join a gym/ health club/ exercise class- You can also join a gym or a health club and ask a trainer what exercise to opt for or what machines to use.
- Exercise ball
- Walking up and down the stairs- If you have got stairs in your house/ building then try taking the stairs up and down multiple times a day. Also, choose stairs instead of lift/ elevator wherever you go
These exercises for obesity will help you in fighting obesity.
Obese weight chart: The best dietician in India says that the obese weight chart can be observed for checking whether you are overweight or obese. The weights are in pounds.
Height Overweight Obese
5’0” 127.75 138.35
5’1” 132.04 158.45
5’2” 136.41 163.69
5’3” 140.84 169.01
5’4” 145.35 174.42
5’5” 149.93 179.91
5’6” 154.58 185.89
5’7” 159.30 191.16
5’8” 164.09 196.91
5’9” 168.95 202.74
5’10” 173.88 208.66
5’11” 178.89 214.66
6’0” 183.96 220.75
The above obese weight chart can be used for reference.